Development & Administrative Associate
2022 Development & Administrative Associate
Bedford Audubon seeks a dynamic team player to serve as a part-time Development & Administrative Associate. The role’s primary function will be to support and undertake Bedford Audubon’s fundraising activities.
About Bedford Audubon
Bedford Audubon’s mission is to connect people with nature. We engage people through local and regional bird walks, outdoor events, educational programs on birds, habitat, and native plants and through citizen science, conservation, and select environmental advocacy.
Established in 1913, Bedford Audubon is one of the oldest Audubon chapters in the country. It is headquartered at Bylane Farm, an historic 1700’s farmhouse located in Katonah, New York. Bedford Audubon owns and stewards three nearby sanctuaries with over 600 wooded acres and 12 miles of hiking trails. It is a 501(c)(3) local nonprofit organization.
The Development & Administrative Associate will report to the Executive Director and work from Bylane Farm. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, organized, flexible, enjoy working with the public, and have a strong interest in nature, birds, and the environment. While the primary responsibilities will focus on development, the role requires an ability to multitask, shift gears easily, and pitch in where needed.
Specific Development tasks include:
- Working closely with the Executive Director and serving on the Development Committee
- Assisting on all tasks to help achieve annual goals for Individual Giving, Grants, and Corporate Sponsorship
- Managing and continuously updating an extensive database of donors. Previous experience and a strong competence with Customer Relationship Management software is necessary.
- Executing multiple direct mail and email appeals, donor communications, general reporting and analysis, grant specific reporting, and list management activities
- Engaging in continuous email, telephone, and in-person outreach efforts to members and donors
- Assisting in the setting up and running of special fundraising and membership drive events
- Occasional weekend work is required
To the extent Development activities allow, the employee will undertake various administrative tasks as needed. These could include, but not be limited to:
- Helping prepare monthly committee and board meeting material
- Assisting the Executive Director to gather data for Bedford Audubon’s annual nonprofit accounting review, National Audubon’s annual report, and various reports to state and federal regulatory authorities
- Managing office supplies and some billing matters
- Organizing and maintaining files in Bedford Audubon’s Google Drive
- Helping to sort, organize and store working and historic files at Bedford Audubon’s headquarters
- Assisting in special projects and events as they arise
- $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- 20 hours per week. Must be flexible. Some evenings/weekends required.
- At least one year’s experience in a similar nonprofit role required. Strong development experience necessary.
- Bachelor of Arts degree preferred.
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest, résumé, and two references to Bill Cavers, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.